This simple #bread recipe has become one of my go-tos. I love adding fresh herbs, garlic and/or chopped olives - you can really customize this recipe to your preference.
Meal planning note: this recipe sits untouched for 12-18 hours, but takes less than 5 minutes to throw together.
- Medium Bowl
- Measuring Cups + Spoons
- Mixing Spoon
- Plastic Wrap
- 2.5-3qt Dutch Oven with Lid
IN THE KITCHEN
- All-purpose Flour 3 cups
- Salt 1 3/4 teaspoons
- Active Dry Yeast 1/2 teaspoon
- Room Temperature Water 1 1/2 cups
- Cornmeal a pinch
- chopped up fresh rosemary
- sliced garlic or roasted
- sliced olives
1. Mix together flour, salt and yeast in a medium bowl (add optionals here as well!).
2. Add room temperature water and stir until incorporated.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 12-18 hours in a warm spot in your house (longer the better - trust me!)
4. When you're ready to bake, put the dutch oven with lid in the oven and preheat to 450.
5. Once the oven is preheated, carefully remove the dutch oven and sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom of the pot.
6. Sprinkle the dough with flour and dust your hands before you remove and roughly shape into a ball.
Drop it into the dutch oven, cover with lid and place in the oven.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the crust is a golden brown color. 😍
8. Remove your fresh bread from the dutch oven and let your kitchen smell heavenly. Let cool before slicing.
Tag me in your photos or story - I love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | email@example.com