You can make these mini (4) or make two larger galettes!
Fun to try other fruit too; peaches, strawberries, blueberries or a mixture.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Citrus Zester- Pastry brush- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
IN THE KITCHEN
- Pie dough (double)
- Fresh blackberries 6 cups
- Flour 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 1/3 cup
- Lemon zest and juice 2
- Egg, beaten 2
- Turbinado sugarLETS BAKE
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line sheet with parchment paper.
2. If you're making minis, divide each dough in half so you have four dough rounds. Roll out into rounds and put on lined sheet pan.
3. Toss blackberries, sugar, lemon zest, juice and flour together in your mixing bowl.
4. Divid evenly among the dough (center and mound the fruit) leaving about a 2" border.
5. Fold the edges over the dough forming loose pleats.
6. Brush the doughs with egg and sprinkle turbinado sugar. Freeze for 20 minutes.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until crust is golden in color. Let cool and enjoy!Tag me in your photos or story - I'd love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | email@example.com